Stable expression describes the production of recombinant proteins due to integration of the respective gene expression cassette into the chromosome of the producer cell line. In most cases, the gene of interest is integrated into the chromosome via non-homologous recombination in varying copy numbers.
Using CEVEC´s CAP cells for stable expression, stable integration of your gene is achieved with:
- Optimized expression cassettes
- Optimized selection cassettes
- Fast selection procedure
- Efficient transfection
The process of developing a high yield producer CAP cell line includes several important steps:
- Development of stably expressing pools
- Efficient single cell cloning with a selected pool
- Volumetric upscaling and optimization of fermentation process parameters
- Cell line development in suspension and serum-free medium
With our optimized protocols, this task can be achieved resulting in yields of grams per liter even for complex human proteins with authentic human glycosylation patterns.