CEVEC and Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope enter into a cooperation and license agreement on CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®GT technology
- CEVEC’s CAP®GT technology enables fully scalable lentiviral and RCA (replication competent adenovirus)-free adenoviral vector production
- Further step to establish CEVEC’s CAP®GT technology as the industrial standard for the production of lentiviral and adenoviral gene therapy vectors
Cologne, Germany, January 20, 2016
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced a collaboration agreement with Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope (“Beckman Research Institute”) on CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®GT technology.
Join CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH at Phacilitate Cell & Gene Therapy World 2016
January 25-27 in Washington D.C.
Meet the CEVEC Team at booth 107 and listen to the talk of Dr. Nicole Faust, Chief Scientific Officer at CEVEC:
“CAP-GT, Novel Human Suspension Cell Lines for Scalable Production of Viral Vectors”
on January 25th, 05:05 pm in Focus Session 2
• Scalable production of gene therapy vectors
• Fully characterized cell line optimized for high density growth and viral vector production
• Safe production of Adenoviral vectors
Novel Method for Glycoprotein Expression
GEN Bioprocessing Tutorial – November 1 Issue, 2015
Silke Wissing, Ph.D., Jens Wölfel, Ph.D., Helmut Kewes, Christian Niehus, Corinna Bialek, Sabine Hertel, and Nicole Faust, Ph.D.
Utilizing CAP-Go Cells for Optimizing Serum Half-Life and Glycosylation Profile
Science Only Accounts For Fifty Percent of a Project’s Success: An interview with Frank Ubags
bio-live.de – November 6, 2015
Interview conducted by Rieke Winter
CEVEC Pharmaceutical’s CEO Frank Ubags on the Technologies Developed by His Company, the Need for Sound Project Management and Dealing With Ethical Conundrums
CEVEC and BioLamina combine technology leadership for commercial production of recombinant laminins for ex vivo cell therapies
- CEVEC adds laminins as CAP®Go application in the field of ex vivo cell culture products for cell therapies
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go to displace HEK293 and CHO cell lines in GMP manufacturing
- BioLamina to further grow its leading high quality ex vivo cell culture laminin product portfolio
- First commercial CAP®Go-derived laminin, LN-521, expected to be globally available in 2016
Cologne, Germany and Stockholm, Sweden, October 28th, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, and BioLamina AB, a leading manufacturer of high quality products for primary cell culture, announced today a strategic collaboration …
Scalable production of gene therapy vectors: an interview with Frank Ubags
news-medical.net – October 26, 2015
Interview conducted by April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab)
Insights from industry Frank Ubags CEO, CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH Gene therapy involves introducing genetic material into cells to replace missing or malfunctioning genes or to add a gene to express a beneficial protein in order to treat certain diseases, such as cancer or inherited disorders. …
CEVEC strengthens team to execute rapid growth strategy
- Dr. Nico Scheer appointed as Vice President Business Development Glycoproteins
- Dr. Hartmut Tintrup appointed as Vice President Business Development Gene Therapy and Viruses
- Headcount increased by 40% since May 2015
Cologne, Germany, October 14, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the expansion and reorganization of its management team.
CEVEC and Généthon sign a collaboration agreement to develop lentiviral vector packaging cell lines based on CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®GT technology
- Agreement enables fully scalable, industrial lentivirus vector production
- Collaboration represents an important step in the roll-out of CEVEC’s strategy to position CAP®GT technology as the industrial standard for the production of lentiviral vectors for commercial gene therapy applications
Cologne, Germany, September 17, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced a collaboration agreement with Généthon (Evry, France) for the development and exploitation of lentivirus packaging cell lines based on CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®GT technology.
CEVEC introduces CAP®GT cell-expression system for scalable
viral gene therapy vector production
Cologne, Germany, September 7, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the introduction of its unique cell-expression system, CAP®GT for the fully scalable production of gene therapy vectors, based on the Company’s proprietary CAP® technology.
CEVEC raises € 4.5 million in a financing round to commercialize its leading CAP® based technologies
- New and existing investors participated in this financing round
- CEVEC is setting new industry standards in glyco-optimized protein and gene therapy vector production with proprietary CAP®Go and CAP®GT technologies
Cologne, Germany, July 22, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the successful completion of a financing round of € 4.5 million. New investors included Investtodate GmbH, Frank Ubags, CEO, and Nicole Faust, CSO of CEVEC. Existing investors also participated in this financing. These included Peppermint VenturePartners GmbH, Creathor Venture Management GmbH, NRW.Bank, KfW Bank, G.A.T. Holding as well as a number of private individuals.
CEVEC’s CAP®Go derived recombinant placental human alkaline phosphatase shows superior results in a preclinical study
- New CAP®Go cell line for the production of glyco-optimized recombinant human alkaline phosphatase successfully established
- CAP®Go derived recombinant human alkaline phosphatase optimized to address therapeutic needs in chronic inflammatory indications and neurodegenerative diseases
Cologne, Germany, July 06, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins, today announced the results of a preclinical animal study in which its CAP®Go derived recombinant placental human alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) showed significantly prolonged serum-half-life.
CEVEC grants license to Biotest AG for production of tailor-made glycoproteins
Cologne, Germany, July 1, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), an expert for the production of glyco-optimized biopharmaceuticals, today announced that it has granted a license for its proprietary CAP®Go technology to Biotest AG for the development, production and commercialization of candidate molecules to treat the symptoms of hemophilia patients.
CEVEC INTRODUCES CAP®GO EXPRESSION SYSTEMS FOR SCALABLE PRODUCTION OF TAILOR-MADE GLYCOPROTEINS
Cologne, Germany, June 1, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), a global solution and service provider for the production of biopharmaceuticals based on a unique human cellular expression system, today announced the introduction of the technology platform CAP®Go for the fully scalable production of tailor-made glycosylated recombinant proteins, based on the Company’s proprietary CAP® Technology.
CEVEC ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF
LIFE SIENCES INDUSTRY EXPERT FRANK UBAGS
AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Cologne, Germany, April 17, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the provider of novel human cell expression systems, today announced the appointment of Frank Ubags as Chief Executive Officer starting immediately. He replaces Wolfgang Kintzel who is moving into the investor side of the life sciences industry. He will continue to serve as an advisor to CEVEC.
CEVEC: CAP® DERIVED RECOMBINANT C1 INHIBITOR MATCHES BERINERT® IN ANIMAL STUDY
Cologne, Germany, February 2, 2015
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals, the developer and licensor of the CAP® Technology, today announced a major milestone regarding its recombinant human CAP® cell derived C1 Esterase Inhibitor (C1Inh).
CEVEC´s CAP derived C1 Inhibitor material showed in a pivotal pharmacokinetic rat study a serum half life matching one of the two currently available, plasma derived treatments, Berinert®. All other known versions of recombinant C1 Inh, including e.g. Ruconest® from transgenic rabbits, displayed so far a significantly shorter half life than …
CEVEC INTRODUCES CMO SERVICES
FOR THE cGMP MANUFACTURING OF CAP-BASED
Cologne, Germany, September 23, 2014
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals, the developer and licensor of the CAP Technology today announced the extension of its CAP Technology business portfolio by offering cGMP compliant Contract Manufacturing Services.
CAP-derived clinical materials comprising recombinant proteins, vaccines and gene therapy vectors are now directly available from CEVEC to support Phase I+II clinical studies.