A Success Story at a Glance
Within only a few years since its foundation in 2003, CEVEC has established a growing global customer base in the major biopharmaceutical markets.
• 2003: Founded by an internationally renowned group of university professors in the biotech cluster of Cologne, Germany
• 2004: Invention of the CAP® technology by successful immortalization of human amniocytes
• 2007: Completion of entire regulatory data sets and development of CAP- T® technology
• 2008: Entrance into European market
• 2010: CEVEC opens subsidiary in the USA and enters the Asia / Pacific market
• 2011: Closing of 6M € series B financing round
• 2012: o Closing of 2,8M € series C financing round
o Several strategic license agreements
o Several cell line sales agreements
• 2013: o Foundation of a spin-out company, CAP-CMV GmbH focusing exlusively on the clinical development of a novel human CMV vaccine.
o Completion of first clinical Phase I trial in humans with a CAP® derived biotherapeutic.